- LOCATION: SHURTAN, KASHKADARYA REGION, UZBEKISTAN
- STATUS: UNDER CONSTRUCTION
- APPLICATION: OIL & GAS
- CUSTOMER: UZNEFTEGAZDOBYCHA
- DESCRIPTION: HEAT RECOVERY FROM A GAS TURBINE IN A COMPRESSOR STATION
- MODEL: TURBODEN 55 HRS ACC
- POWER: 5.5 MWe
- HEAT TRANSFER SOLUTION: DIRECT EXCHANGE
- Modularized solution to limit activities on site
- ORC solution with direct exchange and air cooled condenser, no water needed
- Island mode operation
Shurtanneftegaz is part of Uzneftegazdobycha, a structural subdivision of the National Holding Company Uzbekneftegaz. Uzneftegazdobycha has many objects of activity, among which the gas processing and transport. Uzbekneftegaz National Holding Company joint Stock Company, the Uzbek national holding company operating in the oil and natural gas sector, was founded in 1992 and is based in Tashkent, Uzbekistan.
The aim of the customer is to enhance the efficiency of its processes, in order to better exploit the natural resources available and reduce the expenses related to electricity consumption.
A 5.5 MWe ORC unit will be installed to recover heat from a 23 MW GE LM 2500 gas turbine that is used as a driver of the natural gas compressor. The electricity produced by the ORC will cover the captive consumption of the compressor station. The containerized solution comes with an air-cooled condenser, hence no water is required. In order to reduce the overall footprint of the plant, a direct exchange solution has been selected. Such solution is fully by-passable thus has no impact on the operation of the gas turbines.