- LOCATION: FIENI, DÂMBOVIŢA COUNTY, ROMANIA
- STATUS: IN OPERATION SINCE JULY 2015
- APPLICATION: HEAT RECOVERY
- CUSTOMER: S.C. CARPATCEMENT HOLDING S.A. (HEIDELBERGCEMENT GROUP)
- DESCRIPTION: ELECTRIC POWER PRODUCTION FROM WASTE HEAT IN CEMENT PRODUCTION PROCESS
- MODEL: TURBODEN 40 HR ACC
- POWER: 3.8 MWe
- WATER TEMPERATURE (IN/OUT): NA – ACC unit
Carpatcement Holding SA is one of the leading cement producers in Romania. The company was founded in 2004 by German group HeidelbergCement.
The cement kiln of Carpatcement with a production capacity of 3,500 t/d of clinker in Fieni (Romania) sought an efficient way to exploit the exhaust gas arising after the production process.
Since 2015, the exhaust gas coming from the cement kiln and the clinker cooler air are recovered trough a thermal oil circuit that feeds a single ORC unit. About 3.8 MWe are produced by the Air Cooled Condenser ORC. The electric power is consumed internally decreasing the electric power demand from the national grid.