Geothermische Kraftwerksgesellschaft Traunreut
- LOCATION: TRAUNREUT, GERMANY
- STATUS: IN OPERATION SINCE JANUARY 2016
- APPLICATION: GEOTHERMAL
- CUSTOMER: GEOTHERMISCHE KRAFTWERKSGESELLSCHAFT TRAUNREUT GmbH
- DESCRIPTION: HEAT & POWER
- MODEL: CUSTOM MADE
- POWER: 4.1 MWe
- WATER TEMPERATURE: 118 °C
- The thermal heat is supplied to the town of Traunreut
- The plant is the fourth reference of Turboden as market leader in Germany for geothermal binary plants
GKT Geothermische Kraftwerkgesellschaft Traunreut GmbH is the company which operates the geothermal powerplant of Traunreut in Bavaria, Germany. Clean electricity and heat production with high availability is the success key of GKT.
Production of base load electricity and heat from renewable resource. Geothermal water available at 4 to 5 km depth can be extracted to produce electricity and heat for households in the southern Germany. The city of Traunreut, a town in southeastern Bavaria, raises on a deep low temperature geothermal reservoir.
Traunreut plant is the fourth reference of Turboden as market leader in Germany for geothermal binary plants. The power plant produces about 4 MW electric power exploiting geothermal water at 118 °C and it is coupled with the district heating system of Traunreut. The plant is able to deliver a peak load of 12 MW thermal power. The plant is optimized for high efficient electricity production at incredible low sound level.