- LOCATION: PORTOGRUARO, ITALY
- STATUS: IN OPERATION SINCE MARCH 2012
- APPLICATION: HEAT RECOVERY
- CUSTOMER: CEREAL DOCKS
- DESCRIPTION: ELECTRIC POWER PRODUCTION FROM WASTE HEAT FROM 1X7 MWe WÄRTSILÄ DIESEL ENGINE
- MODEL: TURBODEN 500 HRD
- POWER: 0.5 MWe
- WATER TEMPERATURE (IN/OUT): 24 - 34 °C
- Direct exchange solution
- First commercial Turboden plant of this kind in Italy
- The customer takes benefit from the Italian government incentives through the Green Certificates (Decreto Bersani, 96/92/CE)
Cereal Docks is a 100% Italian company which operates within the national market since 1983 collecting, processing and transforming agricultural raw materials into goods valuable for the feed and the food industry. Cereal Docks is the main Italian industrial Group focused on the process of grains (wheat and corn) and oilseeds (soybean, rapeseed, sunflower) designed for human nutrition, feed industry, technical purposes as well as biofuel production. Cereal Docks has the highest collecting and stocking capacity in the Italian market (450,000 tons).
Cereal Docks needs more electrical energy for its manufacturing process. Thanks to Turboden ORC unit it is possible to recover the energy coming from the internal combustion engines already installed in the factory.
The direct exchange solution chosen for this project provides various advantages: a compact layout compared to the traditional system with the heat transfer loop. Avoiding the heat carrier circuit the customer has a lower investment for the whole plant, lower O&M costs and a higher electric output.