- LOCATION: OSA-PERM, RUSSIA
- STATUS: IN OPERATION SINCE OCTOBER, 2015
- APPLICATION: OIL & GAS
- CUSTOMER: LUKOIL
- DESCRIPTION: CHP - OIL&GAS (FLARE GAS)
- MODEL: TURBODEN 18 CHP
- POWER: 1.8 MWe
- WATER TEMPERATURE (IN/OUT): 65 - 95 °C
- Integrated combustion and heat recovery ORC-based solution with two independent boilers to efficiently exploit the Associated Petroleum Gas
- ORC unit capable to work in power only mode or cogeneration mode (CHP)
LUKoil is one of the major international oil and gas companies that accounts for more than 2% of the world's oil production and around 1% of the proven hydrocarbon reserves. While having the full production cycle, the Company exercises full control over the whole production chain — from oil and gas production to petroleum product sales.
The customer has to manage Associated Petroleum Gas disposal at an oil field in Perm Region, Russia. At the same time, the oil processing station after the oil extraction wells needs hot water and electricity to be operative.
Turboden supplies a 1.8 MWe co-generation ORC unit, Turboden 18 CHP. The plant is composed by two thermal oil boilers where flare gas is burned to generate a total of 10 MWth. This thermal power is transferred to the ORC, that therefore produces 1.8 MW of electric power used to cover part of the station self-consumptions. As secondary output, the ORC produces 8 MW of thermal power, in the form of pressurized water at 95°C, that is used to warm up refined products in order to facilitate their pumping into pipes.